.“PKM is a set of processes, individually constructed, to help each of us make sense of our world, and work more effectively.”
Keeping track of digital information flows and separating the signal from the noise is difficult. There is little time to make sense of it all. We may feel like we are just not able to stay current and make informed decisions. PKM gives you a framework to develop a network of people and sources of information that you can draw from on a daily basis. PKM is a process of filtering, creating and discerning, and it also helps you manage your own professional development through continuous learning.
Every individual needs to develop a PKM strategy and toolkit that works for them.
- PKM framework: understanding the Seek:Sense:Share model to take control of your professional development
- Personal network mapping: examining your networks for diversity to improve your own sense-making abilities
- Dealing with information overload: examples and techniques on creating better filters
- Sense-making: finding your own unique way to make sense of information flows around you
- Finding your own voice: establishing a routine that works in the long run
Social networks (e.g. LinkedIn & Google Plus), activity streams (e.g. Yammer & Twitter), web search tools, aggregators (e.g. Google Reader), social bookmarking (e.g. Delicious), curation tools, read it later tools, note-taking, mindmapping tools, and blogging tools (e.g. WordPress)
Workshops or Coaching
Email Jane Hart at email@example.com to discuss your needs.